On May 4, 2006, the Kansas City Press Club held a panel discussion entitled “Intelligent Design, Intelligent Media: Is Coverage Accurate.” Panelists included Kansas Board of Education chair Steve Abrams, Kansas State Department of Education Director of Communications David Awbrey, and three reporters, Dave Hellings of the KC Star, Toby Cook of WDAF-TV and Ben Embry of KCUR-FM. Derek Donovan, Reader’s Representative for the KC Star, was the moderator.
- See this post for a report on the performance of David Awbrey, state Department of Education Director of Communications.
- See here for complete sound files of the event.
- Download a nicely organized set of mp3 files of the whole event here. (21 mb zip file)
Also,here are links to three reports written by others who attended the event:
- Pat Hayes at Red State Rabble
- Paul Decelles at The Force That Through…
- Dave Warren at KansasRealPolitik
And here is a link to a post with various letters to the editor and newspaper articles about the event.